Change

Ever since that first Friday out of school, our community and our world have drastically changed. When the weather was colder in my neighborhood, the streets were empty and everyone was inside their own homes. Restaurants, stores and every small business has been shut down due to the virus. There’s no where to go besides drive thrus and simply just walking outside (6 feet apart, of course). It’s a very scary time and no one has ever been in this situation so there really is no “good” advice. In my case, this virus has cancelled my lacrosse season and taken away my half of my junior year. My life, along with the rest of ours, have never been so different. I have no set schedule so I have had to force myself into one. No one keeps me accountable for what I have to do, so everything I do is left for me to figure out. Most days are looking the same for me, but it’s not all bad. I wake up and sign it to advisory, go back to sleep, and then I do the rest of my classes. Once I finish all my assignments, I have the rest of the day to spend. I try to keep myself busy now that I don’t have a sport to play for two hours after school everyday. It’s motivated me to work out more with all the free time I have. Also, it’s motivated me to take a break from my phone and spend time with my family, especially all my siblings now that they’re home. It feels kind of rewarding to be able to disconnect during this time and just take a breath. With all the fear in the world, it’s important to remain hopeful and be grateful for all the things we might have taken for granted before the Corona virus stripped them from us.

Comments

Popular Posts